Canada’s leading employers congratulate the members of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s new Cabinet and thank departing ministers for their service to Canadians. At this critical point on the road to recovery, thoughtful and responsible leadership is essential to instill confidence in Canada’s future.
As the COVID-19 pandemic recedes, Canadians and the country’s economy face many headwinds. They include:
- continuing health and safety concerns,
- significant increases in the cost of living,
- supply chain disruptions in several key industries,
- acute labour shortages in some sectors
- the need to balance aspirational climate goals with proportional investments in the transition to net zero, and
- an unpredictable geopolitical environment.
Canada needs a comprehensive plan for long-term economic growth to create well-paying jobs and ensure a brighter future for our children and grandchildren. Economic growth generates higher incomes and makes possible a better quality of life for all, enabling Canadians to address pressing challenges such as inequality, Indigenous reconciliation, climate change and the energy transition.
The Business Council of Canada stands ready to work with the federal government to help shape a healthier, greener and more prosperous future for all.
September 11, 2022
August 30, 2022
August 26, 2022